Like most people in Nairobi we left town right after Christmas...but just for one night. We went out to Maasi territory in the Rift Valley to see some stone tools the Leakeys have found. We spent the night in a very charming little banda....but as evening came it began to pour and we found ourselves huddling in our little straw hut during a thunderstorm as water dripped in...oh well!



We went on a tour of a stone tool site where we found more stone tools than I ever saw in Greece. I also have a new field hat it is made from the bark of the baobab tree.


To further highlight how fossil rich this area is....we found an elephant bone!


A chunk of a long bone eroded out of the wall and I am standing next to the rest of it eroding out of the cliff side.
No comments:
Post a Comment