Thursday, February 22, 2007

Our same friends with the 4x4 (Barbara and Kevin) are big mountain bikers -that's how they met actually! Every year there is a famous race on Mt. Kenya where people bike from 10,000 to 4,000 feet. They of course love this kind of thing! Barbara actually won last year....they needed someone to drive their car from the start to the finish. So Brandon and I happily volunteered. I actually got to drive as well. So we were off and about with these powerful cars off roading and seeing a lot of wildlife. I wish we had more pictures...but we were busy riding.

Camping the first night at 10,000 feet was very very cold. But it felt refreshing..they even had a campfire going. We had to get up very early the next morning so Kevin and Barb could prepare!


This is the car I got to drive...on the wrong side of the road and everything. I have decided that I would like to have this car. Brandon says I am getting spoiled by driving such a nice car!



We saw a lot of animals: zebra, giraffes and some impala (the horns are just at the top of the photo)



The race ended at a beautiful campsite with food and a bar and live music. I think I look like where's waldo in this picture.



Kevin did well in the race. He placed 3rd....but Barb was not so lucky. She feel really hard (twice) on her hip.....she is still recovering and as you can see needs help walking!

No comments: